Regions customers with a PC, Internet access and Regions online banking services can make banking and bookkeeping easy with QuickBooks by Intuit®. With QuickBooks, you can: View current balances, checks and deposits cleared, transfer funds between your Regions accounts, and Pay Bills -- without even writing checks!
To enable your QuickBooks accounts to use the online banking services, you must have the following information from your financial institution:
- A confirmation letter that contains account information, including the routing number.
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN)
For security reasons, these items may be given or sent to you separately.
- From the Online menu, choose Online Banking , then choose Getting Started .
- Click Enable Accounts . You'll see a message about closing all windows. Click OK .
- Click Next . If you have questions as you go through the Online Banking Setup Interview, click the More button for more information.
- Form the drop-down list, choose your financial institution, then click Next .
If your financial institution is not on the list, click "My financial institution is not on the list", then click Next. Follow the instructions to connect to the Internet to add it to the list. When the connection is finished, you'll return to account setup. Your financial institution appears in the field. Select "I would like to enter information for my account at . . ." then click Next.
- Click "Yes, I've received my confirmation letter from . . .", then click Next .
- Enter your Routing Number and Federal Tax ID, then click Next. Do not enter any dashes. Your financial institution may use your Social Security number as your Federal Tax ID for your accounts. Check your account information to determine the correct number to enter.
- Click the appropriate option for the account you're enabling. You can enable multiple accounts. You'll be prompted later for the additional accounts.
- To enable an existing QuickBooks account for online banking, click "Use my existing QuickBooks account". Choose the account you want to enable, then click Next.
- To create a new QuickBooks account for online banking, click "Create a new QuickBooks account", then click Next. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter new account information.
- Continue following the instructions in the Interview, clicking Next when you've completed each page. Refer to your financial institution confirmation letter for the correct information to enter. For account numbers, be sure to include any leading zeroes.
- When you're finished, you'll see a summary screen to review the account information you entered. When you've completed your review, click Leave.
You can also refer to the Help Menu offered with your QuickBooks software.