Prepare your finances to weather any storm. We can help.
Are your finances disaster-proof? Plan ahead for the unexpected by taking these simple steps to protect your finances, your family and your business:
- Make an inventory, and videotape everything you own to help with insurance claims and possible tax deductions
- Make certain that you are insured, and consider special coverage such as flood insurance
- Have enough cash on hand to cover necessities for at least three days
- Sign up for Online Banking with Bill Pay and Mobile Banking with Regions Mobile Deposit to manage your accounts and to have access to your finances from anywhere
- If you're a business owner, make arrangements in advance with key vendors to provide support services to get you back in business
- In any situation, Regions has associates throughout the area to help you with your banking needs
Be Prepared: Assemble a Financial Readiness Kit
What to include in your financial readiness natural disaster kit:
- Insurance policies (life, auto, homeowners, renters, etc.)
- Copies of health insurance information (insurance card, doctor's name and number, prescriptions, allergies and immunizations)
- Photocopy of driver's license
- Birth, death and marriage certificates; adoption papers
- Social Security card
- Will and living will
- Mortgage/property deeds
- Military records
- Car titles
- Trust documents
- Tax return(s)
- Written instructions for family members
- List of emergency contacts (family, friends, lawyer, financial advisors, etc.)
- Personal property inventory (item description, serial number, receipt, and photograph or video)
For business owners:
- Make arrangements in advance with key vendors to provide support services to get you back in business
- Develop a vendor services list or database with key contact phone numbers to help you return your business to operation as soon as possible
- Familiarize yourself with your insurance policy, riders, etc.
- Secure financial records such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll and banking information, customer databases or information, and employee records
- Protect your equipment: Relocate it if possible; if not, elevate it above flood level, and protect with plastic sheeting, plastic bags and duct tape
Additional Articles to help you prepare:
We're Ready to Help
Regions' bankers are prepared to assist you in keeping your personal and business finances on track after a disaster. Please have the following items available when you call for assistance:
|Personal Banking Customers:
|Existing Regions account information
*The most important thing is that you call us to discuss your unique circumstances and we will work with you to discover solutions.
For ideas about additional information that may be requested, please go to regions.com/loanhelp.
- 1-800-748-9498 (Mortgage)
- 1-866-298-1113 (Home Equity and other Consumer Loans).
Click to download PDF example of Borrower Financial Information form
|Business Banking Customers:
|Existing Regions account information (i.e., account numbers, passwords, etc.)
|Two years financial information on both business and owners/guarantors.
*You may be asked to provide additional information based on your unique business needs. Please ask your banker for more information. To locate a banker near you, call 1-800-REGIONS (734-4667).
© 2018 Regions Bank. This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Information provided should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Regions encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation. Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit require a compatible device and enrollment in Online Banking. Your mobile carrier's messaging and data fees may apply. Regions and the Regions logo are registered trademarks of Regions Bank. The LifeGreen color is a trademark of Regions Bank.