Balance Required to Open
- $500 for CDs with terms 90 days or longer
- $2,500 for CDs with terms 7-89 days
- Regions CDs can be automatically renewable. At maturity, the CD may renew for the same term automatically as the market rate at that time.
- Interest disbursements allow you to have the interest that your Regions CD earns automatically transferred to your Regions checking, savings, or money market account.
- Account maintenance is easy with Regions Online Banking.
- Security of FDIC Insurance coverage up to the maximum amount permitted by law.
- Customers with a Regions checking account may qualify for a premium (Relationship) interest rate on a CD2.
- Compounded daily and paid according to the terms of the CD: Monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually or at maturity.
- If the term is one year or greater, the interest is credited to the account quaterly unless interest disbursements are set up.
- Rate is fixed for the term of the CD, but the Relationship Pricing rates are subject to change if customer does not maintain relationship requirements2.
How to Apply
1.Substantial penalty may apply for early withdrawal. See account disclosure for details.
2. The Relationship Pricing interest rates and APYs are available to depositors who meet the following relationship requirements for the entire applicable term of the account: (i) the time deposit term must be at least 32 days, (ii) the primary or secondary designated owner on the time deposit must be the primary or secondary designated owner on a Regions Bank checking account, and (iii) the checking account must be and remain open during the entire term of the time deposit. If you do not meet the bank's relationship requirements, your account will earn the lower Standard Pricing interest rates and APYs. Details about Relationship Pricing and Standard Pricing are disclosed in other documentation related to time deposit accounts and are available from the Bank’s customer service representatives. Please note that IRA deposits are not eligible for Relationship Pricing. CDs (Certificates of Deposit) are time deposits. Interest on CDs longer than 12 months must be paid at least annually. Fees could reduce your earnings on account.